I want you to have the best of times here with me, an Indian Head Massage is a wonderful way of relaxing and the feeling of rejuvenation & chill afterwards, well that will be yours to experience.
Indian head massage is a traditional massage therapy that has its own unique techniques; it involves an application of massage to the shoulders, arms, neck, head and face. The treatment is performed with my client seated in a chair. Essential Oil blends are applied to the hair and if desired the upper back is also be massaged with the Essential Oil blend (of choice) the oils will be absorbed into your skin and enhance your Head Massage…this is completely optional, especially if you are wanting to go out after. But in general it is advised to try and relax after, and if possible to shower the following day to allow the essential oils and the massage to benefit the recipient.
The benefits of Indian head massage include that it helps release of toxins from tense and knotted muscles, and improves oxygen flow to the brain. It also reduces jaw ache, stimulates lymphatic drainage and aids sleep. By stimulating the release of endorphins IHM also aids in reducing stress and anxiety, and alleviating mental tiredness. The treatment is especially effective in relieving tightness around the neck and shoulders.
To ensure that you get the best of treatments I have a 15 minute consultation prior to the massage this is where we will discuss any ailments you may have or any worries you wish to talk through.
There is also time after the treatment to have a drink of water, & a chat to make sure you feel on top of the world! I will not rush either side of the treatment as it is important that you feel completely happy and relaxed!
I also have a list of Contraindications that I go through but before your session but I would ask that you just take five minutes to read through here. It maybe an idea to pop to your Doctors if you have any of the following to ensure that this treatment is the right one for you! Don’t worry if you can’t, Reiki is still an option.
Invariably the doctor will give you the ok to go ahead as for a lot of conditions Indian Head massage can really aide but please just be sure!
I cannot treat a person whilst they have a migraine but very often a person will know when they have a migraine coming on and that’s when an Indian head massage can prevent a migraine attack. So either before or after a migraine would be an excellent relief to someone that suffers.
It is possible that you may need your doctors written permission for certain medical conditions prior to having the Indian head massage.
Children under the age of 16 should have consent from a parent or guardian prior to any appointment.
Consultation Information: to ensure you are not contraindicated to any treatment.
- Pretreatment Advice: should be read prior to attending an appointment.
- Aftercare Advice: to be read following your appointment for best results.
- Local Contraindications: treatments cannot be performed over contraindicated areas.
- Medical Contraindications: please seek medical advice prior to booking. In circumstances where medical permission cannot be obtained, clients must give their informed consent in writing.
- Total Contraindications: prohibit a treatment from taking place.
- Skin Conditions (Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
Check any condition that is already being treated by a GP or another practitioner.
- Cardiovascular Conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypo-tension, Angina, Pacemakers)
- Medical Oedema
- Recent Operations
- Dysfunction of the Nervous System (Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease)
- Trapped/Pinched nerve (e.g. sciatica)
- Inflamed Nerve
- Slipped Disc
- Acute Rheumatism
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Contagious or infectious diseases, scalp infections
- Dysfunction of Nervous System (Meningitis, Inflammation of the Brain)
- Head lice
- Sycosis Barbae
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Cervical spondylitis
- Anaphylaxis Vertigo
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Bells Palsy
- Migraine, Earache
- Recent Head or Neck Injury
- Severe Bruising in Treatment Area
- Recent Haemorrhage (especially Brain)
- Arthritis/Osteoporosis in Treatment Area
- Indian Head Massage is designed to promote stress reduction and relaxation. Avoid strenuous activities following your treatment.
- Please attend your appointment with clean hair.
- Indian Head Massage is suitable to have during normal pregnancy however deep tissue work is avoided and only light strokes are used.
- After an Indian Head Massage appointment it is advisable to go home and relax. This ensures maximum benefit from the treatment.
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid caffeine or alcohol
- Maintain a healthy diet
Following Indian Head Massage, you may experience a number of symptoms or side effects. These differ from person to person and are all positive signs of the body bringing itself back into balance.These may include:
- Needing to sleep or rest
- Feeling emotional
- Increased Urination
- Temporary Flu-Like Symptoms
How will I feel after Indian Head Massage is performed?
When Indian Head Massage therapy is carried out, you may feel relaxed, calm and rejuvenated. You may also feel sleepy; it is a natural stage when you should simply try to listen to your body and get to relax.
To get the energizing effect drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins, follow the aftercare advice your therapist who gives to you to achieve the benefits.
Can I have IHM if I suffer with:
Migraines: More often tension can lead to migraines; the person feels heaviness in the area of neck, upper back and head. The person may feel headaches and sometimes back pain, unable to perform daily activity can eventually even lead to depression. Indian head massage can be helpful to sort out these problems.
Back Pain: Back pain can be cured with Indian head massage. When a therapist starts a massage, applying on the arms, upper back, shoulders to release muscles and knots various pressure points are activated, which can result in smooth flow of blood circulation. The obstructions that cause the spine pain can be eased with better circulation.
Hair Growth: Indian head massage can be the best therapy for growing hair. When massage is done on the scalp, it increases the nutrition and oxygen in the hair follicle and scalp which in turn stimulates hair growth. It is one of the best beauty tips for long, luscious locks.
Are there any further benefits to Indian Head Massage?
It Boosts Memory: In this modern lifestyle, we often find problems related to short-term memory. It is because our brains are overloaded with disorganized thoughts. It is very difficult for us capably log file and collect thoughts and occurrences that are in our mind. The scalp massage can be helpful as it circulates the blood to the brain which boost memory and can work more effectively.
It Relieves Insomnia: The people with overwork load often get side effects of stress. Indian head massage can be very beneficial as it can immediately relieve stress and promote relaxation attacking the physical symptoms and allowing a deeper sense of comfort and relaxation.Note: Overall there are benefits of Indian head massage but people with a heart condition, epilepsy, kidney problems, high blood pressure are generally asked to seek medical advice prior to treatment.
All massage therapy is completely safe and complementary, but it must not replace any medical treatment. Regular head massage can give the body and mind a great feeling of well being.
If you have not experienced Indian Head Massage, you should experience at least once! It will give you the feeling of being in heaven.From a very happy, relaxed client