Indian head massage, also known by the portmanteau “champissage” (chämpi—the Indian word for massage in many dialects + massage), is based on the ancient Ayurvedic form of healing that dates back almost 4,000 years. It works the upper three chakras: vishuddha, ajna, and sahasrara, and can be used for physical harmony, for healing, for vitality, and for good, old-fashioned relaxation.
Indian Head Massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress, it helps to relieve muscular discomfort and tension as well as calming the spirit and aiding relaxation, and it also improves circulation in the head, enhances the senses and promotes clear thinking.
Insomnia and poor sleep quality are often side-effects, and symptoms, of stress. An Indian Head Massage will immediately relieve your stress and promote relaxation by easing your physical symptoms. If you find an effective way to relax then you are more likely to find sleep easier and feel much more rested upon waking.
The pressure point working as connection with the meridians will soothe away stress and tension, leaving relaxed, revitalised and re-energised (remember your 3 R’s!) It is perfect for promoting a calm mind, a stress-free body and for maintaining optimum health.
BUT how can Indian Head Massage help with Sleep?
Sleep Disorders can disrupt your lifestyle and greatly lower your quality of life. While many people suffer from these disorders, few realize what a difference massage can make in sleep patterns.
Insomnia is often caused by stress, worry, anxiety, depression, pain, caffeine, work schedules, or sickness.
The relaxing affect of Indian head massage can have a positive effect on your sleep, by encouraging deeper, more restful sleep and helping to reduce insomnia.
And then there are all the following therapeutic benefits which, when added up all will all aid in your daily well being!
- Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, neck, upper back, and shoulders. Increased mobility of the neck joints.
- Relief from tension and hangover headaches, eye strain, and nasal congestion
- Renewed energy.
- Reduction of depression, anxiety, and other stress-related issues
- Higher levels of creativity, clarity, and concentration, and better memory.
- A sense of tranquillity, calmness, and positive well-being.
- Sound, restful sleep that leaves you refreshed.
- Deeper, calmer respiratory system.
- Stronger immune system.
- Improved skin tone, health, and colour.
- Healthy hair and scalp.
- Increased self-esteem and self-worth with greater self-awareness
- Balanced chakras.