Indian Head Massage
To reduce stress on the body and mind, relaxation is a must!
The best, easiest and most natural way of relieving these problems is an Indian Head Massage. When massage is adopted as a regular practice, it offers many benefits, – vitality increases as the circulatory and respiratory systems open to provide fresh oxygen and vital energy. Massage also encourages relaxation.
Head Massage works on both the physical and the mental level. Physically, it helps all the systems of the body – the immune nervous, respiratory, and endocrine, circulation, muscular, skeletal and lymphatic. Mentally, it helps the mind to relax, transmitting a life-giving energy that assists all systems of the body to restore and renew themselves.
Generally, massage assists the body in self-healing. It can make the mind stop wandering and give perfect relaxation. For people suffering from sleeplessness or disturbed sleep, receiving a head massage is essential.
By stimulating the scalp with massage to promote hair growth and give hair a strong and lustrous condition it has been a practice used by the people of India since around 2000 years B.C. Indeed, the practice of head massage is still a ritual for the general population. Indian Mothers start giving their baby a massage from the day they are born, as this enhances circulation in the new born, performing a head massage with nourishing oils during the first few months of life is excellent for the baby’s eyesight and brain.
A little fact, the word ‘shampoo’ comes from the Hindi word ‘champi’, meaning ‘massage of the head’, this ancient scalp treatment actually comes from the practice of Ayurvedic medicine and Ayurvedic doctors believe that regular head massage is an important treatment not only to encourage your hair to grow but it also assists your body to repair and heal itself.Head massage is not only proven to increase the health of scalp and consequently the growth of your hair but it is also now recognized by the main stream medical community as a complementary health treatment for many disorders including stress and headaches.
Indian massage treatment with oils
Traditionally Indian head massage is performed with essential oils, if you choose to enhance your massage and healing benefits of the oils to the scalp and hair, the massage stimulates blood circulation and healthy hair growth, and can remove dryness which is responsible for brittle hair, premature balding and other scalp disorders such as dandruff. The oils calm and strengthen the brain and nervous system, it is absorbed by the hair roots which are connected with the nerve fibres that leads directly to the brain.
BENEFITS OF HEAD MASSAGE* Increases the supply of fresh oxygen and glucose to the brain.
* Through massage an electro-chemical balance can be maintained, which results in health and long life.
* Relaxes the nervous system and eliminates the fatigue caused by mental stress and strain.
* Improves circulation of that life-giving cerebrospinal fluid.
* Increases the secretion of growth hormones and necessary for the growth and development of brain cells.
* Increases the circulation level of pranic energy, inside the brain, by kneading and pressing the muscles, accumulated toxins are encouraged to leave the body; in exchange the cells fill with nutrient materials and prana. The body and the immune system become strong and stamina, vitality and virility increase.
* Retards hair loss, premature balding, and greying by stimulating the circulation to the hair follicles encouraging hair growth.
* Massage in general, and head massage in particular, is an effective device for inducing sleep.
Massage is essential for all people of all ages from babies to body builders and for those that are unable to exercise it is an excellent alternative to enhance growth and development of the the body.
Massage can bring joy and relaxation!